Among the most difficult hands to play in No Limit Texas Hold’em there are certainly middle pairs like 99, TT, JJ.
With these hands we feel strong but at the same time we leave some doubt when we are faced with a raise or when we see our result from a call.
In this lesson we will see how to address them.
No raise before us
In the event that no player has raised before us, then we must be the ones to do it. We have a strong hand that most of the times ahead, so the fold is to be excluded. If foldiamo such pairs will play very few hands, and consequently each opponent will go each time entremo in the pot.
We are subject to a reraise
If a player re-raised our stake we must try to understand what our experience can have in your hand. It can happen that is bluffing, but almost certainly will fold or an overpair like AA, KK, QQ, or will hide two overcards like AK. We are in the most difficult situation to deal with.
Over the course Pairs dominate us and going up against one of these very often means defeat. Against overcards our chances of winning increase and reach about 55%. In any case, however, difficult to leave the opponent’s hand after our further re-raise, and this gives us an expectation of success by 35-40%. Therefore, the re-raise is only recommended if you are already pot-committed, or when you are certain that there is a player in front of “maniac”.
We can then fold or call: our goal at this point becomes the set on the flop (1 chance in but this could not guarantee us victory. For this we need only call if we are aware that any victory will give us about 10 times our call.
The call is then justified if it is not too high and if the opponent is left with little money. The location allows us to make a bigger call, because if we get a winning hand we can extract another bet on the opponent.
We are Called
In these cases we have to see what the flop comes down and how many opponents who made the call.
Nothing on the flop Overards
It ‘a favorable situation that deserves an episode that goes right to the amount of the pot. One must always be borne in mind if there are connectors or suited cards on board. We must aim high to make it as cheaply as possible opponents for their project tracking. If the flop does not present any particular hazard a bet of 75% of the pot is fine.
In this case better to abandon the hand, unless you’re playing against a player “maniac”. It is much more likely that your opponent is playing in slow play with top pair, a set or two pair as if he is only making a bluff.
Even in the case in which an opponent call our bet we must have a degree of caution. We must try to think with the head of the opponent, it is very likely that slow play is doing so better do a check and fold if any tip that we see so substantial. Even if the board there are 3 cards of same suit or scale is highly recommended to check and then fold if an opponent aims a lot.
Bettin Round three
If the flop shows a third card of a suit or to scale better to always use caution: even in this case we give the adversary to speak and foldiamo if the stake is too high. Conversely, if does not drop anything dangerous is advisable to bet up to the plate to force the opponent to spend much if they want to center the project even after the turn. The river however we can be content with check or calla even if the third card does not arrive that can bother us and would abandon the other hand if the stake was too high.
An Ace on the Board
- One-or two opponents: if we are against one or two opponents and the flop comes an A you have to simulate having a hand like AK and then point to carcare to send away the other players. If we experience a revival we are forced to fold, check, and if we are called we will fold unless they are set on the turn.
- Three or more opponents there are too many possibilities for a player with an A has followed our pre-flop raise so we’ll have to check or fold in front of a big bet. Even if you have AK of simulating a bluff we run the risk that a player with very good follow us Ax and eventually take home the pot.
No ace on the board but another Over Card
- Three or fewer opponents: in this case by pointing out as if we had hit top pair. Even here though there controrilanciano we fold, while a call we will be conservative and may fold the turn if we do not find the trio.
- Four or more opponents against more players there are, the more are the chances that someone point centers with top pair or an over pair. In all these cases it is best to always check and fold if someone bets stronger.
No ace on the board but more of a Card Over
- One-or two opponents against few opponents we have to pretend to have top pair and fold if you unfortunately find ourselves a raise. Remain in the pot on the turn only if the troiamo tris.
- Three or more opponents: as for the previous examples, when there are more players is useless to try to bluff, hardly our attempt will be successful term. Therefore foldiamo in front of a big bet.
- Raise before us in these cases the most important factors to consider are location, size of the bet and the stack.
If we have an inkling that our opponent, using his best position, has made a raise with the purpose of stealing the blinds we make a reraise to 3 times his bet. For example, if raised by the final position or from the Small Blind probably our average couple in the lead and almost certainly will leave your opponent will fold. In the event that we undergo a call instead or re-raise we must follow what is written in paragraphs prcedenti.
Bid early and middle positions from
If a player raises from these locations, or probably will have a pair or Over Over Cards. Better simply to call rather than reraise: if we win the hand you a plate aggiudicheremo very important. It ‘s important to keep in mind that playing middle pairs is not easy, but neither is for the opponents. With a clear strategy, the game is that the amount of money will improve.